Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Update 2: UF Hillel in Israel - Birthright

I'm Samantha Liebhaber, a 19-year-old public relations sophomore. My first two days in Israel have been pretty interesting. My flight over here was pretty awful: 14 hours, one seat and two horrible meals. Needless to say, my group was pretty unhappy. But once we ate, showered and slept at our Kibbutz, a cross between a hotel and farm, we felt a lot better. The food at the Kibbutz was amazing and home-grown. It was fresh, colorful and crazy good. We had goat cheese pastries, coucous and a lot of great food. Then we woke up nice and early to drive to Tzvat, one of the holiest cities in Israel. We walked around the rocky and ancient city while learning Jewish history, eating awesome falafel and watching the little Israeli children run around and chase stray cats.
I had thought I'd be blown away by the Israeli landscape, but I was still unprepared. We went to a rooftop in Tzvat and watched the sunset over the mountains in the North. It was indescribable.
We left Tzvat to go to another Kibbutz for the night. We played some surprisingly funny ice-breaker games in the Kibbutz lobby and ate some more awesome food. Now were on our way to a local pub. Should be sababa, laila tov.

No comments:

Post a Comment