Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's that time of year again!

So how about them Gators??  I know it was only the first game of the season and not much of a challenge, but come on, there is nothing better than standing in Ben Hill Griffin surrounded by 80,000+ of your closest friends all cheering for the same team.  It's definitely my favorite time of year!

***

Friday night, I was leaving Shabbat services at Hillel and I was hit by this amazing breeze I haven't felt in months...since Florida seems like it really only has one season -- HOT.  The breeze brought back memories from last fall, as it seems to do every year for me.  Fall is my favorite time of year, back to school, back to football, and the High Holidays.   This time last year I was just starting out at Hillel.  Corby and I were brand new PR interns with a lot to learn, and were so excited.  It's kind of fun to look back and remember really not knowing how much we were going to learn and grow through our experience.

This is kind of how I feel every year approaching Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.  Looking back on the year, thinking about all the things I'm grateful for, the things that I wish I could have improved on and the things that I want to change next year.  I have a lot of goals for myself this upcoming year, some of those including graduation (which of course will happen so more just a future date as opposed to a goal), going back to Israel and in the even more distant future, finding a job.  Some of the biggest goals I've had to set in my life thus far, but the way I look at it, even though some of these events are kind of scary -- like becoming a real adult and finding a job -- but what fun is life if there isn't a little thrill or fear of the unknown sometimes.  I'm definitely scared, but also really excited for the year ahead.

So...I challenge you to start thinking about the past year.  What are some things you are really proud of, what are some of the things you would like to change?  Do you have any upcoming milestones?  Try every day to spend a little time thinking about where you are coming from and where you want to go. It's going to be a great year.

B'Ahavah,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment