You heard right members of the Gator Nation!
Scott Fried, the international public speaker and HIV/AIDS educator, will be coming to Gainesville to help kick off some amazing events this weekend.
On Thurs. Jan 26 Scott Fried's will give his lecture called "The Closet Monologues" at 8 p.m. at Hillel.
- Through this lecture, Scott will address the challenges and responsibilities facing gay,
lesbian, bisexual and transgendered youth. He will discuss how societal
shame can transform into internalized self-hatred and will also touch on the important question of what it really means to be "in the closet" or
- To accompany these inspiring words, LGBT Affairs will hold a dessert reception there as well.
Hillel's Shabbat celebration on Fri. Jan. 27 at 7:30 p.m. will have a Scott Fried twist!
- Come join us for Shabbat with Scott Fried and a free Kosher dinner after!
On Sat. Jan. 28 Hillel will host some educational and exciting opportunities.
- At 2 p.m . join us for a "safe-sex workshop."
- At 6:30 p.m. you can find out how to join Scott Fried on his upcoming service trip to Roatan Honduras to help people currently HIV/AIDS.
Then on Sun. Jan. 29 at 1 p.m. come to UF Hillel Scott will share his story about how he started the AIDS support group which the musical RENT is based on.
We hope to see you all there! Go Gators!