Sunday, September 9, 2012

Metisyahu and the Presidential election are on my mind as I write this.  I am ecstatic about Metisyahu coming back to Gainesville so soon, and as I watch the Democratic National Convention, I can’t wipe the smile off of my face – the smile that says “I am proud to be an American Jew.”

Metisyahu is coming to the Florida Theater on October 23 at 9 P.M. Hillel will be selling tickets and if we reach our goal, Metisyahu will be visiting Hillel before or after the show for a meet and greet with students! I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to see him live again, yet alone meet him!

Another perk is his new CD! If we reach our ticket sales goal his CD or online access code will be available for half price –what a steal!  If you are interested in getting a ticket and joining in on the fun, please email me at Arts@ufhillel.org


These additional perks will only be available for those who purchase tickets through Hille

Metisyahu ties into the election because he is Jewish and the Jewish vote is playing a prominent role in the upcoming election.  Both candidates are working closely with the Jewish community to make our prestigious vote count toward them.

Thursday evening when President Barack Obama spoke I was moved.  I was sitting on the edge of my seat throughout his whole speech, curious if he would bring up the subject of foreign policy, or Israel.  Never disappointing me, he did!

“Our commitment to Israel's security must not waver, and neither must our pursuit of peace.”

I am so glad that Obama always stands with Israel.  This election is an exciting one, especially for the Jewish community.  It is incredible to know that such a small population’s vote is so important to the campaigns!

Dannie

No comments:

Post a Comment