Thursday, September 13, 2012

There once was a program called LEAD

Once upon a time, a very long time ago (2008-2009), there was a program called LEAD.  

It brought in speakers like Bruce Pearl, former TN basketball coach (Jewish), and Jen Day Shaw, Associate Vice President of Student Affairs.  I was very lucky to be part of this program and have the opportunity to meet with these speakers.  

Then one day Rabbi Yoni left and he took the magic of LEAD with him.  But have no fear, freshmen and sophomores of the University of Florida, because I have found the magic and brought it back!  And it is stronger than ever.  I am very passionate about leadership, and hope to pass what I've learned on to the next generation of Hillel leaders.  LEAD is an opportunity to learn from each other, from speakers, to advance your own leadership skills, and to put all of this in a Jewish context.

If you, or a friend, is interested in LEAD please e-mail me for the application...or if you have any questions.  I hope to make LEAD's comeback a powerful force in student leadership.

I will also be at Shabbat on Friday and at Hillel for all of the High Holidays, so please feel free to come find me and chat.

B'Shalom (in peace),

Missy
UF Hillel Jewish Learning intern
jewishlearning@ufhillel.org

No comments:

Post a Comment