Sunday, September 30, 2012

Welcome Sukkot!


Following a crazy couple of weeks filled with High Holiday festivities, Sukkot is here already!  Where does the time go?  My family did not really observed Sukkot while I was growing up so I never had a true understanding of what it was.  I just knew that it existed and that a giant fort structure was built and meals and festivities took place inside of it.  This Sukkot (only one day in) I am proud to say that I have been more active in the celebrations than ever before.  Hadar, Melanie and I decorated the Sukkah today.  The theme we chose is around the world, so flags were printed out and we taped them to the sukkah pillars.  We also hung up traditions that Jewish people in other countries do during Sukkot.  Melanie was full of information and taught Hadar and I some new things.  Everyone who walks into the Sukkot will love the decorations and enjoy reading about traditions around the world. 
Following decorating, Sara put on a great event.  It was dinner in the Sukkot to celebrate the first night.  Sara led the ‘Seder’ and stopped to talk about different traditions.  I am grateful for her teaching me new things that I did not know about Sukkot.  We then noshed on Leonardo’s for dinner and enjoyed Publix cookies for desert.  Delicious! I am looking forward to continuing to celebrate Sukkot with Sushi in the Sukkah on Wednesday at 6, and then at 8, I can’t wait to see the desert sushi that people put together.   

No comments:

Post a Comment